One Rise Baguette
A fast and fancy bread that can ready for your table in just about 90 minutes.
or 2 1/2 tsps. bulk yeast
1. In a large bowl, mix the water, yeast, and sugar and let it sit for a few minutes.
2. Stir in the salt and 2 cups of the flour. Continue to add flour 1 cup at a time until it's difficult to stir by hand.
3. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead 8-10 minutes, adding flour as needed.
4. After dough is kneaded and no longer sticky, divide the dough ball into four smaller lumps.
5. Let the lumps rest for five minutes, then roll each lump into a long rope 12-18 inches long.
6. Lay two ropes along side each other and pinch one end together. Twist the ropes together (rope over rope, and again) and then pinch together at the other end. Repeat with other two ropes.
7. Place both loaves on a greased cookie sheet, and let rise for 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.