Delicious (and easy!) breadsticks that you can make in a jiffy.
1env.instant yeastor 2 1/2 tsp. bulk yeast
3Tbsp. sugar, brown or white
1. Combine the yeast with one cup of the flour. (This method only works if you're using instant yeast. If using regular yeast, you will have to let your yeast proof in the warm water first.)
2. Next, add the warm water and the oil. Mix. Then add the sugar and the salt. Mix.
3. Start to add the remaining two cups of flour, a half cup at a time, stirring after each addition. When it gets too hard to stir with a spoon, dust your counter with some flour and turn the dough out on to it.
4. Knead the dough 8-10 minutes (adding more flour as needed).
5. Let the dough rest 10 minutes.
6. Roll the dough out into a rectangle approximately 12" x 18".
7. Cut the breadsticks (I use a pizza cutter). I generally make mine about an inch wide.
8. Shape the breadsticks by twisting them, tying them in a knot, or making rings.
9. Let the breadsticks rise on greased cookie sheets in a warm place. I usually let them rise an hour, but if you’re in a hurry, know that they really only need to rise for 20-30 minutes.
10. Bake the breadsticks for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.