Homemade hamburger buns are way more filling than what you'll find in the store!
2 env.yeast,5 tsps. bulk yeast
2cupswarm water,(110 degrees)
3/4cupmelted lard, or whatever oil your family uses
1. In a large bowl, combine first 4 cups of flour with the yeast. (If you are not using instant yeast, you will have to add the yeast to the warm water and let it sit for a bit before adding it to this flour.)
2. In a separate bowl combine water, melted lard, sugar, and salt.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry. Add three eggs (room temp is best) and mix with a mixer for three minutes.
4. Stir in 3-4 cups flour by hand.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes, adding more flour if necessary.
6. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a clean dish towel and place in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
7. After an hour, punch the dough down and divide the dough into three parts. Let all dough rest for 5 minutes.
8. Divide all three balls of dough into 8 smaller balls of dough; shape into buns.
9. Squish each bun a little bit flat between your palms and place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise in a warm place another 30 minutes.