Country Crusty Round Loaf
Easy crusty round loaf that's great with soup, salad...or for a snack!
(2 1/4 tsp bulk)
1. Dissolve the yeast in the water, let sit five minutes until foamy.
2. Stir sugar, salt, and half of the flour into the yeast water.
3. Turn out on flour dusted counter and knead, continuing to add flour until dough will take no more.
4. Place dough in greased bowl, cover with a clean dish towel and let rise one hour in a warm place.
5. After the dough has risen, punch it down and then divide into two equal hunks of dough.
6. Shape each hunk of dough into a round loaf, place on greased jelly roll pan.
7. Optional: If you want shiny crust, mix one egg with one Tbsp water and brush dough with egg wash.
8. Bake bread at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.