Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Easy recipe for strawberry rhubarb pie -- one of our favorite spring pies to make!
pastry for a double crust pie, 9"
1. Gently combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Place one of the pie crusts in your pie plate. Spoon rhubarb filling on top of it.
3. Brush the outside edge of the bottom pastry with egg.
4. Cut six small slits near the middle of the second pastry (or cut fancy shapes out) and then roll the second pie crust on top of the rhubarb filling.
5. Seal/pinch the edges of the pie crusts together. Brush the top of the pie with egg (if you want it to be shiny).
6. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat and bake at 375 for another 50-60 minutes.